Whine and ye shall receive.
After my last round of public wool gathering about how blog content seems to float away into the ether—and my general preference for dead plant matter media—Kenneth the Often Slain (in the Austin iteration of the Hill Cantons), did me a highly generous turn. Taking a number of non-Domain Game related posts he spliced the related content with the Hill Cantons Compendium, my previously-released compilation of quirky home-campaign variants, into one 30-page package.
Getting beyond the first page of HC setting fluff and house rules there is a truckload of other stuff that may be of value for other tinkering souls playing Classic D&D/Labyrinth Lord-style games including such things various and sundry as:
- Five variant Classic D&D/LL-compatible classes: the Mountebank, Feral Dwarf, Lankmarian White Wizard, Half-Ogre, and Black “Halflings”.
- A variant experience point system, character death, magical research and retainer/follower system.
- Variant rules for Charisma, reputation, and simple attribute checks.
- That previously much harped-on character background mini-game with quick random equipment charts.
- Simple expanded options for killing and being killed.
- New weapons and armor and some simple variant rules.
- Zero-level character generation and play rules.
In keeping with my usual personal disdain for things commercial, you can find it for free here on Lulu.
(The at-cost print version is available here.)