I was about to be a cranky contrarian and post the 15 games that had NO influence on me, but it would also make me a hypocrite since I already caught the wave over at someone else's blog.
So how about something a little different. What were the top 15 things that went into the intellectual stew of your campaign (actual existing or the Platonic Ideal one you are cooking)?
- Lyonesse and Dying Earth books, Jack Vance
- Gray Mouser and Fafhrd stories, Fritz Leiber
- Darklands CRPG
- West Marches campaign
- The Drawing of the Dark, Tim Powers
- The Hussite Wars (book, but also all medieval European heretical movements in general)
- Averoigne stories , Clark Ashton Smith
- "Shadow over Innsmouth" (and the rest to a lesser extent), HP Lovecraft
- Barsoom books (an influence starting to make itself known), Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns and Blood Meridian
- Russian and other Slavic fairy tales
- The Thirty Years War, CV Wedgwood
- "Red Nails" (and other Conan to a lesser extent), R.E. Howard
- The players (probably should be on everyone's list as a reminder)